Fiance Visa in Thailand

A K-1 visa, often referred to as a fiance visa in Thailand, is a kind of visa that permits a foreigner to enter the country with the intention of marrying a citizen of the United States. A US citizen must first submit a petition to the US in order to get a K-1 visa. Services for Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS)

The foreign national must apply for a K-1 visa in the United States if the petition is approved. Embassy in Thailand’s Bangkok The applicant must submit a number of documents, including a current passport, birth certificate, police report, and the results of a medical exam.

The applicant and their U.S. citizen fiancé must also show that they have a genuine relationship and that they have met in person within the last two years. Photographs, vacation plans, and other documentary evidence of the relationship can be used to demonstrate this.

If granted a K-1 visa, the foreign national may stay in the US for 90 days, during which time they must get married to their American fiancé. The foreign national can submit an application for status adjustment to become a lawful permanent resident once they get married (green card holder).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *